• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Emissions and Gas Problems

89XJBlue

NAXJA Forum User
Hey, man I have not posted on here in a long time. Anyway here is the issue. First of all went to have my emissions done and passed everything fine except on CO output I was a little over double the limit so I'm running rich. Im driving a 89 4.0 auto. so I went and pulled out the K&N cone filter and Rusty's air tube that I had in there and put the factory air box back in for now. now the next thing is the evap system. I pulled the charcol canister out and checked the filter but it looks ok. Does the canister ever need to be replaced. the lines look ok going to it. Reason for my asking is that also I have problems filling up my tank all the way its a 20.2 gallon tank and even one time last year when I ran out of gas and pushed it to a gas station to fill it, the tank still did not fill all the way. The pump usually stops at around 16.5 to 17 gallons and its hard to get more in. Sometimes when I fill it up and the pump stops some gas spits out of the filler tube. and as the tank get about as full as it will let me fill it you can hear al lot of bubbling as the gas goes down. Could it be the pressure switch in the tank not opening and if so where is it at? on the fuel pump? The evap system is related also to my problem with to much CO output any ideas at all. Please Please

89 XJ Laredo Auto 4.0
Colorado CO output limit 25.000 my output 54.09

Michael M
NAXJA member #379

Back