• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 44 Outer bearings?

verrive

NAXJA Forum User
Hey,
I picked up some new bearings for my axle shafts to slip on in a few days but I had a question. I don't have the shafts on me but I thought my bearings were tapered, the new ones aren't, did they give me the wrong ones? :x

Thanks,
Kevin

Just to let you know, they don't just slip on....you have to get them pressed them on. Maybe you were using that term loosely. Anyhow when I did mine, the ones on there were flat but my new ones were tapered. I had asked around and said that tapered were the way to got. If you get timken bearings, I believe they call it a "timken set-10". It comes with the bearing/race and retaining collars. I managed to get mine on by myself by driving them on with a heavy pipe. Used the old collars in between the pipe and bearing when beating them on in order to get them straight. Would have been a hell of alot easier to go have them pressed on, but what do you do on a Sunday and you need to get then on.

Brett

I believe that might be the case. When I was buying mine I seem to recall two types offered for the Dana 44.

Yes I was using the term loosely ;) I gotcha, I may have to go back and see if I can get some tapered ones, as thats what was on there before :x

Thanks,
Kevin

Back