• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Re-Adjust Drivers Door?

Hey Everyone,
I had some carnage this weekend. I figured it would have happened on the trail, but it happened in a parking lot. I was taking some pics for my photography class along the lake when a huge gust of wind blew my drivers door forward and bent the fender a little. Now the door makes a horrible creaking sound and rubs on the edge of the fender. So, I was wondering if anyone has every realigned there door so it does not rub the fender. Oh, btw there is a larger than normal gap btwn the back of the front door and the rear passenger door. Any ideas would greatly be appreicated!
Thanks!!

You have bent the hinges. Unless you have experience with this take it to a bodyshop and tell them to realign it and not to worry about the body damage. The noise you are hearing is the door edge rubbing on the fender edge. It may set you for a few bucks (<$100) but it's cheaper than replacing a fender later! No really good easy fix except to put some shims between the hinge and the door to move it back but that can be tricky if you aren't familiar with the process. Need more aid? email me and we'll see what we can do.
asat

Back