• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

operating temps.

dyna

NAXJA Forum User
Heres my question. my 95s temp wise once stabilized runs at a little over the 210 mark(center? I think) during my drive to work 40 miles it takes almost the entire time for the thermostat to stop cycling. It goes from a low of 190ish up to 220ish. The thermo was installed shortly ago by the dealer and I have run 5k or so in 100 + weather with no problems. It would seem this is not good, and would sent the computer into closed/open loop continuiously. Bottom line is I need to get off my azz and replace the themo again, but how can someone like summit or jegs sell a hipo thermo of 180 for a computer controlled car. wouldent this leave the computer in a state telling the engine to run rich and wouldent pass emmissions, or is the rich part of the whole idea?

Try the OEM 195 degree stat from the dealer. Runs about $10. Install it with the little bleed hole at 12:00. A 180 degree stat can keep you from getting into closed loop.

Back