• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Moded TB and high Idle

spazegun2213

NAXJA Forum User
ok, so i brought my TB down to a machine shop and had it milled to 62 for free. It was great until it now idles at 900-1250rpm. I think its the new throttle plate, but i really dont know. Think i should just but a plate for a 62 mm TB?

thanks

Well I think he was talking about the new 62mm plate that he made isn't working right.

Just a quick question. Is the jeep warmed up when it's idling around 900rpms? It would be around 900-1000rpms if it's still kind of cool. Also did you reset the ECU when you installed the new throttle body? If not make sure you disconnect the positive wire and then turn the key like you were going to crank the engine for about a minute (preferably when the engine is already warm so the computer doesn't take as long to get stable). Hook it all back up and let it idle a couple minutes and you should be fine.

If the idle is still wierd after that then yeah go ahead and try the new throttle plate. How much is a throttle plate anyway?

Give it time. It's not unusual for the engine to idle high for a while after you've fitted a bored TB. Eventually the computer will adapt and bring it back down to normal.

so i disconnected the negative lead and held the ignition on the start position for a minute. I started it back up it still idled high. I have a stick, so should i depress the clutch, to reset the ecu?

thanks

It shouldn't matter as long as the battery is disconnected. However I would try the reset again, but this time try at least 30 minutes.

I had a similar issue and left mine disconnected overnight (just because) and the next morning when I reconnected the battery the high idle issue was gone.

Good luck!!
icon7.gif

spazegun2213 said:
sorry, I'm not that fimiliar with the jeeps or electorincs for that matter. how will the pos be any diffrent?

thanks

Back