• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Z22_Z33

NAXJA Forum User
My XJ just reached this mark today.
I was just wondering what i gotta start looking out for and what i should be doing to my Jeep.
I want it to last another 100,000, Maybe give it to my kids in 40 years lol.

200,000 yesterday,I have replaced the PS pump,starter,radiator,water pump in the last 160,000 miles.Most were matinance items.
Keep the oil clean and the motor cool and the air clean and it should go another 100 K .
Wayne

It's just now broken in. ;) Unless something's wrong, there's really nothing you need to do...

I have 240,000 and mine is still running strong only,minor things,I take care of my jeep and don,t drive it hard,but you have many miles left if you take care of it.atleast with some care.mine is a 94, 5.2 v8,and,I love it .

I'm am kinda new here, but did you just say you've got an XJ with a V8 ????? :shocked:
Meangreen said:
I have 240,000 and mine is still running strong only,minor things,I take care of my jeep and don,t drive it hard,but you have many miles left if you take care of it.atleast with some care.mine is a 94, 5.2 v8,and,I love it .

I'm almost at 100k with my 2000... My 95' got beat to hell by me when i first got my license, it's now got 160k and i swear it runs stronger than my 00'...engine atleast, seems like everything else has taken the wear and tear and it falling apart around the engine... but when i say i beat it up, i REALLY mean that...I would get air-borne atleast once a day on public roads, nevermind what i meade it do offroad- that beast cost me $1k in recovery bills in a year and a half... i wish i had friends with winches back then!!! The point is, even if you don't take care of it, it'll friggin last forever- so take care of it and you just might stop tickin' before it does!!! --Chad--

165K on my 1990 MJ and it is still running strong! If it breaks fix it.

Clean the valve cover maybe if there is some blow by.

My 87' has 325k in it my 94' has 168k and my wifes 92 has 102k all running as strong as they did when new (the last 160k on my 87' is with 6" lift and 35" swampers) Just keep the oil changed and check EVERYTHING. Fix it if it needs to be fixed and dont let problems fester into bigger problems fix them right away! Good Luck

Back