• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Other trails...

Matt S.

NAXJA Forum User
Is anyone interested in doing some of the more scenic trails and day hikes and stuff to places not planned? I was thinking the white rim trail might be cool. I havnt EVER been to Moab and I want to wheel but also want to see arches and those kinda things. I will be there from sunday to saturday.

Are any of the trails we running as NAXJA going to scenic places?

Matt

to answer your last question...
The Moab town dump is scenic.
to answer it a little better...
a couple of the planned runs will take you on or near the East end of the White Rim trail and offer some of the most dramatic views.

the White Rim is over 100 miles around and is basically a flat dusty, bumpy road. I was dieing to do it until I viewed it from the top of Deadhorse Point and then went down the Shaffer Trail. Too flat, dusty and bumpy! You want scenic and such then do the Tower Arch Trail with us or the Metal Masher, or Tusher Tunnel, etc. Moab has some really tough stuff but also has great views.

Scrappy said:
Is anyone interested in doing some of the more scenic trails and day hikes and stuff to places not planned? I was thinking the white rim trail might be cool. I havnt EVER been to Moab and I want to wheel but also want to see arches and those kinda things. I will be there from sunday to saturday.

Are any of the trails we running as NAXJA going to scenic places?

Matt

Another easy trail with a great punch line is Top of the World. It's a bit of a ride to the northeast of town, but you won't be bored on your way up and down scenic Rt. 128 next to the Colorado River. Too tame for diehards, but a great photo op. Scenic riders can also check out Fisher Towers and/or Onion Creek on the way back.

Mike in NJ :patriot:

I am going to be pulling into the cabin sunday evening. i want to run hard stuff and easy stuff. When I say scenic i mean, beautiful views and stuff.

Man I cant wait. leaving tomorrow!!

Matt

I am hoping to get in there Wednesday afternoon and have planned to go geocaching on Thursday. A lot of the caches are on the easy scenic trails. If you are interested it is fun to do.
Mary

rightseatsis said:
I am hoping to get in there Wednesday afternoon and have planned to go geocaching on Thursday. A lot of the caches are on the easy scenic trails. If you are interested it is fun to do.
Mary
Are you the one that's supposed to get that driveshaft from me?

rightseatsis said:
Mary
That does sound interesting. Are several people doing this on Thursday?

Tom R. said:
That does sound interesting. Are several people doing this on Thursday?
Don't know how many. Rokclimbertx and I have been talking about going together caching. It is fun. If you have never done it, I would encourage you to try. You can discover some interesting places you might never have gone to otherwise. If you go, bring stuff to trade. Coins, keychains, matchbox cars, small toys, and other small stuff.

Back