• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Extra coil isolators as spacers?

Biovore

NAXJA Forum User
I'm currently sitting at about 2 1/2" and have just about everything I need to go to about 4-4 1/2" except for new front springs. With the 2 1/2" springs on there, anyone see a problem with using a couple extra stock isolators as spacers until I get the springs I want? I can get several for free, which is my favorite price =) Will they stand up to the abuse or are they too soft to be stacked like that? Thanks.

Go for it. No different than using a 1 3/4" isolator. "If its free, its for me!"

MIke

Sweet. Thanks for the replies. I'm really itching to get this thing a little more in the air. I couldn't see paying $40 for a set of spacers when every junk XJ has some sitting there ready to be plucked.

This may be a dumb question, but coudl you take a pic or tell me what the front isolators are, I have components for a 2" rear lift, but if they're cheap I'll go with them to lift the front. The cheaper the better; I was going to get ZJ coils, but they wouldnt be as cheap as this would they?

jfiscus said:
This may be a dumb question, but coudl you take a pic or tell me what the front isolators are, I have components for a 2" rear lift, but if they're cheap I'll go with them to lift the front. The cheaper the better; I was going to get ZJ coils, but they wouldnt be as cheap as this would they?

The isolators are the little rubber thingies that go between the spring and the spring perch on the top so you can get somewhat of absorbtion between the two metal parts (the spring and the perch)

retard_ed_1 said:
i put 1 3/4 spacer uynder my 4.5 lift, sure make the spring noisey as hell
you put a spacer UNDER your coil? bad plan
here is a picture of my coil spring with spacer. the factory isolator is bolow the rocky road spacer and above the spring
Spacer_Shock_Stabiliser_LCA_Spring_Track.jpg

retard_ed_1 said:
ya thats what i did, i just worded it wrong, are you springs noisy?
its probably your bar pins, not your springs. when i put my springs in i put a healthy helping of lithium grease on the inside of the spacer, and around the bottom (on the axle perch) to prevent rubbing spring noise. my bar pins make a ton of noise...
thinking on making some BPE's with the rear swaybar brackets... saw a write up on that here once...

Back