• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Spring shim install?

AZ DESERT RAT

NAXJA Forum User
I just bought some 2.5 degree shims because of some vibrations after I installed my new lift(RE 3.5 w/aal). Problem is there isnt enough head space on the center pin to mount the shim and still fall into the axle perch groove. Any ideas on how to lengthen the head? Or does anyone know who makes one with a bigger head? I know some of you have encountererd this before...any help?

AZ DESERT RAT said:
I just bought some 2.5 degree shims because of some vibrations after I installed my new lift(RE 3.5 w/aal). Problem is there isnt enough head space on the center pin to mount the shim and still fall into the axle perch groove. Any ideas on how to lengthen the head? Or does anyone know who makes one with a bigger head? I know some of you have encountererd this before...any help?
You need to buy a longer center pin bolt and use it to bolt the shim to the spring pack. I buy my center pins at NAPA.

Last edited:
I used the same bolt that came with my RE kit (3,5" AAL) with some sheaves on it. You just mount the bolt as usual and then threads the shim on the sheaves. The sheaves fitted inside the degree shims and the end of the bolt went in the axle spot where it is supposed to.. The degree shims I have is Pro Comp and in aluminium..
My only problem was the U-bolts that wasn`t long enough..

Back