• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

F***ing RE trackbar

Roxtar

NAXJA Forum User
Damn, scrambling to get my junk ready for Moab and didn't need this. The spherical rod eye on my 1600 trackbar is sloppy so I bought a new, HD, teflon sealed 7/8" (like RE said it was) Aurora rod eye. Took the old one off. $hit. Never imagined it would be a left handed thread. Why the hell would they use a LH thread on this? There is no reason for that here.
Now I'm really scrambling to find someone with the right one in stock.

BrokenXJ said:
Just ordered a new rod-end for a 1600 from RE on Monday. Check out my post http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=35579 on the oem board, because JohnJohn from BigOffRoad had a better solution for rebuilding a RE1600.
That's almost exactly what I'm going to do. Luckily I didn't destroy the old heim removing it so I just reinstalled it (clunks a little but it'll work) and I'll be welding an RE superflex joint to the threaded end when I get back.

The threaded end of the RE trac bar I had opened up and the joint end slipped right out. I shipped it back to them with an unhappy note. Installed a JKS adjustable trac bar, and haven't looked back. JKS stuff kicks ass.

BrokenXJ said:
Just ordered a new rod-end for a 1600 from RE on Monday. Check out my post http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=35579 on the oem board, because JohnJohn from BigOffRoad had a better solution for rebuilding a RE1600.

I'd like to do the same set up but with the factory mount and the joint horizontal, not vertical. BTW... What is the proper name for that style joint?

red91inWA said:
I'd like to do the same set up but with the factory mount and the joint horizontal, not vertical. BTW... What is the proper name for that style joint?
I've already changed mine to horizontal. I just machined a piece and welded it to the trackbar frame mount. I currently am running the heim that way.

Back