• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

trac bar bracket

red91

NAXJA Forum User
I noticed on one rig there was a bracket that attached to the axle side of the trac bar that lowered it in relation to where it was stock. This is a factory trac bar on a rig with 3 inch lift. Can someone tell me the purpose of LOWERING the trac bar on this type of a set up?

It comes with 3-inch lifts to re-center the axle after lifting. Increasing the steepness of the trac-bar angle has a negative effect on handling though. Avoid those brackets, either re-drill the hole or get an adjustable track bar instead.

xj92 said:
It comes with 3-inch lifts to re-center the axle after lifting. Increasing the steepness of the trac-bar angle has a negative effect on handling though. Avoid those brackets, either re-drill the hole or get an adjustable track bar instead.

Working on the Adj bar now. I was just curious.

Good idea with the adj. Trackbar....avoid the drop bracket. I've got pics of one that snapped in half that I need to post...very bad juju

Back