• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need Help With Horn

creed4017

NAXJA Forum User
My horn has a yellow wire disconnected from it at the actual horn in the bumper. I cant find where it would go nor a diagram for it. can somone help please

What year XJ and which side of the vehicle are you looking at?

When you honk the horn, does it work? If so, do you hear two tones (high and low), or a monotone?

sorry i forgot....1993 xj sport 4wd. horn is on drivers side.....doesnt work at all and there is a yellow wire hanging down right beside it.

Is there a "spade plug" on the wire or is it just a wire? It's supposed to have a female plug on the end. The horn has a male spade plug on it. If you just have the wire hanging with no plug, the plug is probably still attached to the horn. Put a new plug on the wire, and connect it to your horn.
Hopefully it'll work then.

turns out that on of the blue wires was loose and the big yellow wire dangling there had nothing to do with it. So now a new question is presented....what the F#$% does the yellow wire come to????

Back