• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Keeps Dying?????

My_Little_Pony

NAXJA Forum User
Alright, heres the scenario...I will start the Jeep up in the morning and it will run just fine on my way to work. Most of the time on my way to work I stop at Albertsons to get me a banana and orange juice. Well I will get back in the Jeep and continue the trip to work. After that time of starting the Jeep up, if I come to a stop it will just die. I have to keep my foot on the gas pedal a little bit and put it into neutral and use my left foot for the brake to keep the Jeep alive. I just (last night) replaced my MAP sensor and Throttle Position Sensor (TPS). What else could it be? I know I couldn't have put the MAP on wrong or the TPS on wrong. Is it a bad alternator maybe???? I replaced the TPS hoping to fix this problem, but apparently that was not the fix for the problem. Please help, PLEASE!!!

Alright, now that I figured out what IAC is....(idle air circuit) Where is that located on the engine, I'm assuming that it's near the throttle body somewhere. Can I replace it?

Also, could it be an alternator with those symptoms? or maybe my starter is bad???

Last edited:
It may be the EGR valve staying open. First I would see that the valve moves freely. Then I would disconnect and plug the vacuum line that goes to it. If it doesnt act up any more with the egr valve vacuum line disconnected, then you will know that your problem is in the egr valve area.

EGR... Exhaust Gas Recirculation
FYI

Back