• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Drivers window issue

jeepfreak32

NAXJA Forum User
I have an '87 XJ 4 door and have come across an glass problem. When I rolled up my drivers side, front window I noticed that the glass has vertical scratches in it. Looks like somethings cutting into it. Has anyone had this problem before?

Yeah, I have those too. If you peal back your "squeege" on the window you'll see the clip that holds the trim piece on your door. You can buy those clips at the dealer for cheap. Takes a little skill and patience. Use a pice of wood and tap under the molding where you see the clips. Comes off pretty easy. Just don't pry it off cuz the alum. part on the outside will bend. Take it slow and easy. Also, you 'll need to lightly pry the new clip open a little to get it on the door. Try it and you'll know what I mean. After you do it a few times you'll become a pro.

i have a simular problem. ive found that when ever my windows are coated with mud and i roll em down it scratches the glass. ive been looking for a filler or repair kit but no luck. does anyone know where to purchase this?

Back