• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anybody running MAKO mfg. control arms?

Jcrjet

NAXJA Forum User
I'm researching control arms, I've pretty much narrowed it down to JKS or RE, but MAKO is a local manufacturer with a good price. The product looks decent but uses urethane bushings. What does that do to the quality, longevity, and ride? I'd hate to pay the big bucks for the brand names if I don't have to. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks

JKS and RE use stock rubber bushings, so does Rusty's. I know a few people that have changed them out for Poly. it gives a stiffer ride, and might transmitt more road noise. I have read that if the arm is fixed with poly it could rip the mount off but I doubt that could happen with adjustables. The Mako price is pretty good, but check out Rusty's offroad. They have adjustable's for 169. I have run them for over 3 years and haven't had a problem. Juice

poly is a harder bushing that claims to last longer, but a bushing made of a harder material will make a rougher ride on the road...

i have rubber bushings all around, except the trackbar (because i didnt know the difference).

Look for "cherokee lift" on e-bay and you will see a ton of mako's fine products - the 3" lift with coil spacers and blocks for 200!

I dont know, but i wouldnt buy mako unless i talked to someone who was in their sales department, and they impressed the hell outta me

-XJ_Ranger

i have their upper arms, which i am selling, not because of the product, just because i need the money. they seem nicely made and beefy. btw their the adjustable ones.

Back