• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

dana 44 out of scout ?

wes

NAXJA Forum User
does anybody know info on swapping a dana 44 out of a scout into my xj? i found one for dirt cheap but im not real sure about the width, i tried measureing it the best i could and it seems to be almost the same as my 8.25 but i don'r know so any help would be greatly appriciated!

thanks

Hunter built one over the winter IIRC

I may be wrong, but I think he had the axle flanges drilled for 5x4.5

woody said:
Hunter built one over the winter IIRC

I may be wrong, but I think he had the axle flanges drilled for 5x4.5

Yeah he built one. Check the malls in Lynchburg, VA for him.

I know that he had to ket some wheel spacers to make the WMS to WMS equal to that of his D30.

I run a 73 Scout II D44 rear - @58" wms to wms - I did a disk brake conversion(although the 11+ inch drums would work great if in good shape) and used 1" wheel spacers from performance wheel to adapt from the 5 on 5.5 to 5 on 4.5 and to widen the axle to stock specs - just weld on some perches & go. Most have factory track lock limited slips, but will likely need some work if its been sitting or even in use for 20 years. Good luck

i slapped one together this winter. you deffinately need some wheel spacers/adapters. if you are sticking with the factory d30 up front i would get some 1.25"-1.5" 5x5.5" to 5x4.5" spacers. i kept the 5x5.5" bolt pattern to match my bastard front axle, but i got my spacers from spidertrax. i was kinda in a pinch and needed them quick, other wise i would have bought them from www.rockbuggysupply.com for a lot cheaper. let me know if you have any more questions.

Hunter

Back