• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

pics of cool chopped '85

Jeff 98XJ WI

NAXJA Forum User
I recently made a trip to Niagara Falls from Northern WI and stopped at Silver Lake Sand dunes in Michigan along the way. While there I shot some pics of some cool rigs including this wild chopped '85 xj! :) Apparently a high school shop class did the chop and cage install. The body work and paint was done at the guys home and paint was just finished prior to this outing. It really looked like they were having fun! Jeff

http://photomail.photoworks.com/sharing/album.asp?Key=1~FQQ4aBru.cIklYOzcv8/beewy6CIfpC3

someone please tell that thing is not a jeep

i like the m725. it's realsweet.

as for the xj.......well......i wouldn't necessarily drive it in public.

Jeff 98XJ WI said:
Apparently a high school shop class did the chop and cage install. The body work and paint was done at the guys home and paint was just finished prior to this outing. It really looked like they were having fun! Jeff
almost as sad as a lowered XJ

but look at it this way, one more never used t-case/front driveline in the junkyard for us!

Buck Jackson said:
I guess not everyone has the same reverence for the XJ. I wonder why they didn't use an Escalade instead?
used xj goes for 500 to 2000 running
used escalade goes for 25,000

hard choice

Buck Jackson said:
I only mentioned it because the Escalade is about the biggest waste of sheet metal i have ever laid eyes on. Why not buy an xj and just tape $20000 to the hood?
because someone would steal it

It's interesting how you guys are all down on this thing. I laughed my ass off when I saw it. I thought it was so cool I had to track it down and get a better look plus a few pics. I was disappointed to see a POS GM 2.8V6 powering it though. I had one of those in an '84. What a dog!!! Jeff

i dunno about krusty the clowns trail rig. but the real trail rig in those pictures is bad ass!

i see the future of that jeep, in the barnum and bailey circus with clowns servin hot dogs on a stick from it. at least it serves a good purpose

Back