• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HO for Non HO engine Swap HELP

[email protected]

NAXJA Forum User
I am swapping my 1987 XJ engine for a 1995 HO engine. I want to use the HO intake and throttle body but the old fuel rail dosen't look like it will bolt up to the HO intake. The fuel rail from the HO doesn't have a return so I can't use it. Can I get some help from someone who has done this? The HO engine came from a grand cherokee if that helps. It is going into an XJ. Thanks. (btw, 10" lift, long arms, locked f&R, 4.56, sye, much more)

91 - 95 XJ and GC have both inlet and return lines at the front. suggest you also get the flex lines that go with the fuel rail and about 1 foot of metal line. Just use two unions to jointhe new lines to the existing ones just behind the lower control arm on the frame rail.

Another emissions problem.....the newer intake does not have an EGR valve.

I thought the 87-90 fuel rail was a direct swap into the HO manifold. I haven't gotten to that stage in my project though.
Tom

why not just reuse the renix intake and tb? thats what i did with my swap, i got mine out of a zj also, if u havent started messing with the accesorys yet, then u might want to check to see if the water pump is the same, the one on the ho i got was differnt than the renix one. plus if ur using the renix computer, how u gonna get the tps in the ho throttle body? they are diff arent they? just some things to think about.

kolby

I double checked my new fuel rail. It is a single line. It must be from a 96-up. I bought the engine from a police sale where the paper work said it had been sitting in the evidence room since 95. The engine looks brand new so I assumed it was a 1995.

1. How do I tell the year?

2. If I want to use the old intake manifold, do the ports match up?

3. They are different shape, whats the effect on power and torque?

If the ports line up, and neglible effect on power, then it would be much simpler to just clean and reuse the old intake.

What do you guys think?

Back