• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Aussie's ? ? ?

boise49ers

NAXJA Forum User
I am installing aussie locker this weekend. The instructions are kinda hard to follow. This install will be in a Dana 30 disco 1988 XJ. Does anyone know of a website that has a walk thru ? ? ? :rtm:

Last edited:
if you have any specific q's i think i can help you. i installed one in mine but the directions were enough for me there are what 4 peices and springs.
take out old spider gears and cross shaft install the aussie peices that fit on the splines then slid in the next two with springs in and install the cross shaft and your done pm me with some specifics and i'll be glad to help

I have an aussie waiting to go in my Dana 30. Should i try to pull the carry when I do mine (I am very nervous about this and I probably won't have anyone to help me) or should i just grind the gears a little to get the crossshaft out and install it with the carrier in the diff?

John :farmer:

I installed mine on my d30 about 2 months ago. Pulling the carrier out is not a big deal. Just make sure you mark the bearing caps so they go back on the same way they came off. I was really not comfortable having to pull the carrier but once I did it, it really is no big deal and I was glad I did because I accualy found a crack in one of my bearing caps which I never would have found if I didnt pull the carrier. Pulling the carrier makes the install easier IMO because its all right there on the bench.

Oh ya and the locker....... IS SO AWSOME I love it, it is quiet and works flawlessly.

Supposedly improved and refined from the lock-rights. The same guy that came out with the lock-rights designed the Aussie's and says he modified it to make it slightly quieter and stronger. I did a bunch of reading up on them when I ordered one right after they came out, last October I think. I ended up having to cancel my order because of the delay and went with a Detroit instead.

Thanks for the link. That website is 10x's less scary then the instructions Aussie sent me. They are way to detailed for me. Reason being they want you to measure everything and write it down for warranty purposes. I'll skip all that and writem off if they fail.
Thanks Again !

Back