• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

about to order lift"rusty's", just 1?

Be prepared to add a spacer in the front... when I put my Rusty's Full spring pack 3" lift on, it was not quite 3" in the front, and 4.5" in the rear... and it never settled.

4.5" in the rear... i like the sound of that, they have the same kit but with higher rate springs in the front for people with aftermarket bumpers, maybe i'll get that one.

thanks for the help.

Scott Williams said:
Be prepared to add a spacer in the front... when I put my Rusty's Full spring pack 3" lift on, it was not quite 3" in the front, and 4.5" in the rear... and it never settled.

Scott, what thickness of spacer would you recommend? What did you do to correct yours?
thanks,
john

I ended up adding a .75" spacer in the front, and taking out the bottom leaf in the rear... that netted me right at 3.5" all around.

After much debate, in my mind, I ordered the Rusty's 3" lift kit. After talking with him about the sagging rear leaf springs he told me that he went to a different vendor. So I went ahead and ordered the kit. After I installed it it was the same height as Scotts. I went the other route than he did. I added a 1.75" Spacer and it was pretty level after that. Front still down a hair. Well after a year or so the rear has not sagged, not even .25". Well the front springs are sagging!!!! So now it looks like I don't have the spacer in. Arrgg. So I am looking at buying the RE 4.5" coil springs and then level out the rear with a set of shackles if needed.

Alex

don't forget the adjustable trac bar. I got the kit (except I was cheap and got an AAL) and threw a 1/2" block in the rear and a 3/4" spacer in the front and I have right around 3.5" front and rear. I ordered the HD trackbar and mount and have been pleased with it so far. Had to grind the coil bucket perch down some to clear the bracket though with only 3.5" lift but that was easy. I needed a transfer case drop (3/4") but you might not. New U-bolts are cheap and worth it. I also ditched the cheap rear brake line extension included in the kit for a new stainless line from RE. I also needed to get longer rear bumpstops in the rear and threw one hockey puck in the bottom of the front coils after the 31's went on to keep my flares in place.
have fun. I like the shocks that came with the kit also. Just right.

SEARCH for rusty's, everyone has/had some part from him, there are a ton of posts about/including the 3" lift from rustys...Hasta

hunna said:
Is that defiantly need or can I get by without a new one for a week or two?

You don't need a new one. I went on the stock one until the TRE wore out, then replaced with an adjustable. Your axle will be off shifted by an inch or so, but it is not big deal. Some people have drilled a new mount hole on the axle side about 3/4" inward, but you get close to the edge doing that. Just save up for a nice adjustable one.

I have Rusty's 305 lift kit on my rig.

search. You don't NEED one but it's good to have. You can get by with a drop bracket or by drilling a new mounting hole on the axle end. I tried the drop bracket and hated it.

y2kxj said:

oops i forgot the help.

here's afew stock pics, i'll post some lifted ones when i'm done
5424023_3A-med.JPG

5424012_14A-med.JPG

5424021_5A-med.JPG

Last edited:
Back