• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3 inches and still aligned

Brian Felts

NAXJA Forum User
Hers a weird one.I just installed a RC 3 inch lift under my 2000 xj.funny thing is the front wheels are still perfectly centered and the caster is perfect w stock LCAs and no shims.I want to upgrade to RE 1600 trackbar and Sr2 fixed LCAS BUT WILL THEY BE TOO LONG WITH EVERYTHING STILL RIGHT ON THE MONEY?tHIS DOES NOT MAKE ANY SENSE .How long is the RE1600 bolt hole to bolt hole ran all the way in? NAXJA

Brian Felts said:
Hers a weird one.I just installed a RC 3 inch lift under my 2000 xj.funny thing is the front wheels are still perfectly centered and the caster is perfect w stock LCAs and no shims.I want to upgrade to RE 1600 trackbar and Sr2 fixed LCAS BUT WILL THEY BE TOO LONG WITH EVERYTHING STILL RIGHT ON THE MONEY?tHIS DOES NOT MAKE ANY SENSE .How long is the RE1600 bolt hole to bolt hole ran all the way in? NAXJA

Brian Felts said:
I can't understand how your front wheels can still be centered with 3" of lift. You are right that it makes no sense. The part about your caster is really weird. How much actual lift did the kit give you? Even just putting 1" coil spacers under a friend's front end screwed up his alignment. Have you had it checked by a shop, or did you do it yourself? Seems strange. But anyway, i would not worry about whether the fixed lcas will be too long. They should not be, according to the laws of physics, and you will likely have to get an alignment at some point, so why not do the upgrades and fix what you need when you need it? Perfect alignment after lifting is very unusual as far as i know.
Buck :canada:

Buck Jackson said:
I can't understand how your front wheels can still be centered with 3" of lift. You are right that it makes no sense. The part about your caster is really weird. How much actual lift did the kit give you? Even just putting 1" coil spacers under a friend's front end screwed up his alignment. Have you had it checked by a shop, or did you do it yourself? Seems strange. But anyway, i would not worry about whether the fixed lcas will be too long. They should not be, according to the laws of physics, and you will likely have to get an alignment at some point, so why not do the upgrades and fix what you need when you need it? Perfect alignment after lifting is very unusual as far as i know.
Buck :canada:
Jeep was aligned at a professonal shop. I was stand ing at the computer screen.Iwrecked it pretty bad a couple of years ago. im wondering if the unibody is shifted to one side ?sheetmetal lines up good though.Tey did have to make a slight toe adjusment. The coils are rough country 3 inch lift :NAXJA:

Here is some new info on the subject .I installed my re1600 track bar last night.After drilling the hole thru for the fram bolt bracket perfectly straight.I put the whole thing togeter and the bolt is serverly tilted towards the passenger side,After looking at the bracket there seems to be a small crack stating to form in it .Tis jeep was hit hard about two years ago on the drivers side.Is it possible that the bracket could have been tweaked then.?Mechanics aroun here are not very knowlegebleabout Cherokees.Should that bolt that the heim rides on athe frame side been plum or is it supposed to be tilted?the upper spacer fits tight to the bracket so I kow my hole is drilled right.Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. :flame:

If that bracket is cracked, I highly recommend replacing it. You might look for an aftermarket heavy duty version that would compliment your new trackbar.

Back