• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

several quick q's

the_chief

NAXJA Forum User
Q#1--I installed my new csf 3 row rad yesterday, as well as an oem thermostat. All went well, thanks to some advice from naxja members.

The display in the dash shows the engine consistently cooler than before by 15 degrees? Is this a problem?

Q#2--I bought a skyjacker or rancho 1" tcase drop (can't remember, it's two long black steel hollow blocks pre drilled at both ends) from 4wheel parts yesterday, and after searching the forums, I'm debating wether or not to put it on. I wanted to because I have some minor driveshaft u-joint creaking since the lift, and thought this would help.

Q#3--I have some minor vibes/rubbing from the front left tire/wheel all of the sudden. It just happened last night, wheeling definately wasn't the cause, although I rubbed the tire into the lca in a parking lot yesterday. The rub increases with wheel speed and is not affected by braking. Any thoughts?

thanks in advance.
dave

3) Maybe a brake line rubbing? just tie a rope to a creeper and lay under the jeep as you drive down the road, say 50 mph. If you can't figure out what it is then, at least you'll have other things to worry about.

Back