• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Leak from the front of the motor?

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
Is there some seal that can be replaced on the front of the motor? There has to be something underneath that pulley (sp). Anyways, how big of a PITA is it? can it be taken care of with the radiator still in place? I'm leaking oil from underneath the pulley :(

Yea, it's a front seal, does the same thing as the back one only up front :D as for doing it with the rad in there depends on how big your mitts are...easier out. Pretty sure its a one piece seal like for an axle...

RichP said:
Yea, it's a front seal, does the same thing as the back one only up front :D as for doing it with the rad in there depends on how big your mitts are...easier out. Pretty sure its a one piece seal like for an axle...
Hmm anyone done it? How hard is it to get it out and a new one in?

don't know if this helps, but here's what it all looks like...

engine11.jpg

the tricky part will be pulling the harmonic dampener with the radiator in place

cbremer said:
don't know if this helps, but here's what it all looks like...

engine11.jpg

the tricky part will be pulling the harmonic dampener with the radiator in place
oh well... I guess I'll be taking a few extra quarts with me then on the way to Moab and I'll deal with it after I come back.

You will need a puller to get that seal out though. Otherwise once you have the nose open it's a 5 minute job....

Back