• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2.8 to sb350 swap

daytripper

NAXJA Forum User
OK, I got the 2.8 out and gave it a proper burial. I also dumped the tranny and np 207 t-case. Now I need a link to a thread or a website for guidence as I install the 350. I'm looking at a turbo 350 trans and dana 300 t-case. I think that the 300 front output is on the wrong side so that might be out. Dont worry the axles are done (ford 9" in rear and built 35 in front). Well that's my situation for now and thanks in advance for the input. - daytripper

Wish I could remember the name of the place but the latest JPmagazine - http://www.jpmagazine.com/toc/ - has an article on engine swaps.
Including a v8 to XJ swap. They list a company that has the pieces to do the swap.

I just switched my 2.8 for the GM performance 3.4 last october.
Then added a weber in place of the miserable "Rot-chester" that came on it. Elimitated nearly 15 feet of vacuum lines.
So far very happy with the switch. But could still use more power.

Let me know how the swap goes. Right now this is my daily driver but who knows what the future holds.

I am going to change my whole idea on an engine and drivetrain for mine. I was going for a 350, 465, 231 combo but have changed that for a 4.7 stroker, T-5, dana 300, klune combo. I like the switch to the 300 because it moves the exhaust to correct side instead of having the cross tube. The the diff is on the right, which is easier to find axles for. Hope this helps. OH p.s. you have to cut the floor for the 300 and modify the seat bracket.

It is also possible to index the Dana 300 for a driver drop - do an internet search on what it takes. I believe there is some modification to the oiling system, but I honestly haven't looked at this in several years and don't remember exactly. After the cost of the adapters and such, it may be more feasible to use a post-88 GM full size truck xfer case and tranny combo.

Why not an OD auto?

Black Diamond is a nice little town, BTW. My older son was baptised at your Catholic church back in '95. Priest was a little odd, but really pleasant.

I have my case already with a 4-1 reduction in it. I have found it to be easier and cheaper just to swap to a pass. side output. Larger choice of axles too. It may be something to look at rather than limiting yourself to drivers side output.

Back