• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Question

slikinchiken

NAXJA Forum User
on the 4.0 on the valve cover there are two hoses, one being the crankcase vent tube. what is the one located in the back, it looks to just be a round piece with a vaccum line going into it...what is it and where can i get it? also, is the CCV a dealer item because i can't seem to find anyone at the parts place that knows what i am talking about. thanks in advance.

brian

The larger tube inthe front of the valve cover is inlet air to the crankcase. The small line at the rear is vacuum. That is the CCV tube -- the Cherokee 4.0L doesn't use a PCV valve to regulate flow.

A couple of weeks ago someone posted NAPA part numbers for the CCV tubes. Try a search.

Yeah, the small vaccum hose in the rear of the valve cover is part of your CCV system.......the hose and grommet are available as a set at the Jeep dealership.....about 12 bucks here in Oregon......when I replaced mine, the CCV orifice was nearly completely plugged.....although I buy a lot of parts at NAPA, their books only showed a PCV system on the 4.0s....go figure

Back