• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hi Lift Mount on ARB Bar

PC-UT-XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking for the part to mount my hi-lift somewhere on my ARB bull bar. What is the part and where can I find it? If you have a pic of yours mounted like this, please post it.
Thanks.

http://www.hi-lift.com/ has a 4XRAC that would mount up if you dont have a winch...

Do you have an pictures of your bull bar? from the looks of it, i didnt like it, but post pics of your bull bar, it'd be cool to see...

im at school in switzerland and my car is at home in utah-ill be home in december and will post pics then. it's a pretty kick-ass XJ.

I LOVE the look of the ARB! I have been trying to find something that looks the same, built for abuse, and cheaper. I have heard the ARB will take some serious abuse.... anyone heard other wise?

where do you mount the hi-lift on the bumper? I have yet to see this.

thanks,
Jason

You do it using the two light tabs on the top tube of the bumper. Just get a nice long bolt, put a nut on it halfway down, place hi-lift onto said bolts(the nuts you just put on will keep the hi-lift from actually hitting the bumper) then spin on some wing nuts and you now have a hi-lift mount on your bumper. The downsides to this are the jack is constantly exposed to the weather, road salt, etc and it is a prime target for theft(unless you were to drill through the ends of the bolts and install padlocks).

Ary

Red97XJ said:
I have heard the ARB will take some serious abuse.... anyone heard other wise?

HAHAHA I've heard otherwise, seen otherwise, experienced otherwise.......the ARB is good for protecting you from large soft objects such as deer, kangaroos, etc. It is also good at protection from mild wheeling obstacles, but it is no match for big rocks and serious wheelin.

Ary

Thanks Ary that is exactly what I was looking for- a way to mount it to the top of the bumper because I'll be buying a winch soon.

I have scraped and banged my ARB bumper in Moab-pretty often actually, so yes, for ultimate clearance it isn't the way to go. But I've hit one deer and had WAY TOO MANY other close calls to even think about replacing the ARB. It is a very stout and durable bumper and has no signs of damage after all I've put it through--shopping carts included.

My biggest quam with the bullbar is a lack of places to use the hi-lift on it. I have ended up using a d-ring in one of the holes and then putting the hi-lift snout through the d-ring. I would pretty much only do this on flat ground though, as it's kinda hairy and is definately a last resort.

Ary

Back