• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anybody purchased these leaf springs before

Silverxj2000

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 2000 XJ, just looking to fix the sag with NEW leaf springs. Has anybody used this brand before, and is there any opinions on them. Thanks

http://customsuspension.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=707

They are from Customsuspension
Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984-01) Stock - Rear Leaf Springs - Pair $232.94 US

Our Jeep Cherokee Leaf spring isn’t your ordinary leaf spring. Not like your standard factory spring ours have been designed and modified to fit all your wishes.
Our clients asked for a spring that would provide a soft ride, an excellent spring rate and the ability to carry more wait in the rear if need be. We believe we have conquered this challenge by providing our customers with the very best Jeep Cherokee Spring on the market.

Developed around your opinions we & one of N.A.’s largest OEM manufacture have exclusively developed a spring that will provides a soft ride as well as handle your toughest loads.

Features:

* Exclusive OEM replacement springs designed by C.S. and manufactured by one of North American’s largest spring manufacturers

* Because of our large buying power we have set our prices to CLEAR

* Very Easy and Straight forward installation

* Built to OEM, ISO & Military Standards

* These springs always sells out QUICK so please phone for availability

* Guaranteed the lowest price on the net

* Springs are sold in pairs

* All Orders can be placed on our Secure Online Store or phone in to one of our Customer Service Reps
* Call in for our Low Price Shipping, We Ship Exclusively UPS

The Specs:
Spring Measures following the curve of the spring 23 - 28 5/8 , Regular Stock dimensions
4 Leafs
Tapered Leaf ends to soften the ride quality
Plastic Inserts on the ends help give the smoothest the ride available
Comes Fully Ready for a Quick & Easy Installation

I am not familiar with the brand, but somehow I would feel more comfortable buying springs from a company that can spell "weight" correctly.

4 leaves doesn't impress me at all. Stock springs are 4 leaf. I would expect a better spring that supposedly provides a softer ride with enhanced capacity to have at least 5 leaves, and preferably 6.

I also notice that they don't actually tell you the spring rate. I wonder if they know.

I just did a 3"/3" BDS suspension lift. I love it. they have 6 leafs, teflon between the leafs and they are clamped together. I had negative rear suspension my leafs where w's. I just bought the jeep. It is so much better now. I said i wouldn't do a lift but am so glad I did now. rides better and looks tough. I look at all stock Xj's now and flat to negative leafs is soooo common.

Personally I can recommend the springs from BigOffroad. They are a custom formula from Alcan spring and they work great. Not the cheapest, but definately quality.

I am just looking for a new leaf packs, that are heavy duty with no more than 1" of lift. Any good sources, most places that have leaf packs have some kind of lift to them 2.5+. I really would like less for now.

Quadratec has standard height rear leaf packs for $52 (regular, PN 56010.10) and $65 (heavy duty, PN 56010.11) each.

fizassist said:
Quadratec has standard height rear leaf packs for $52 (regular, PN 56010.10) and $65 (heavy duty, PN 56010.11) each.
If the heavy duty are the same as factory Up Country springs, they ride well and sit about 1" higher than "stock."

Thanks for the info that was very helpful, if I buy the Up Country (heavy duty leaf springs) what was else was different on the Up Country cherokee for the front suspension, or will my XJ sit level with the Up Country leaf springs in the rear and stock XJ Sport Suspension up front? Thanks you have been most helpful

Eagle said:
If the heavy duty are the same as factory Up Country springs, they ride well and sit about 1" higher than "stock."

The problem with Quadratec's info., is that without calling and asking WHICH heavy duty leaves they are, you've got a crapshoot on your hands. There were several different spring rates, many listed as h.d. from the factory, and not all h.d. are Up Country. If you have your buildsheet, you will see a three digit code for each rear spring (e.g. ZFU, ZUU--left/right specific). These codes can then be deciphered with a parts manual which will give you the Jeep part number. Or just look here for the Jeep part number and a two-digit code that may or may not be stamped onto the leaves themselves.

http://rigidsteel.com/y131pC3tIGk0.html

True. My '88 has heavy duty springs that don't ride higher than stock, they just have a higher spring rate.

As to Up Country, both the rear leaves and the front coils are higher rate than "stock" and sit 1" higher. To keep everything balanced, if you buy Up Country leaves for the back they should be matched to Up Country coils in the front.

I called Quadratec, at first they told me yes the Heavy duty springs (5601011) are for the Up Country suspension then they said they have no idea. So I call a Jeep Dealer to get a part number for the leaf springs for the up country suspension and they have no way of finding the part number with out a VIN# that has the UP Country suspension package. So I need a little help here. I have a 2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 Auto. I want to replace my saging leaf springs with new ones, so I need a part number or a VIN of a recent 200x that has the Up country suspension. Even a spring rate for the up country leaf springs would be a great help.

I'll do better. Gimme time to poke around the shed and I'll have Jeep part numbers for you. I took the codes off a new 2000 with Up Country and ordered Up Country springs for my '88, which I haven't installed yet.

Coil: 52088104

Leaf: 52002392-AB

The coil should also cross reference as a ZJ V-8 front coil, but it IS an XJ 4.0L Up Country coil.

Thanks Eagle!!! My '01 is pretty saggy and up-country springs are one of the things I am thinking about for replacements.

My understanding is that there are some other things that need to be changed when up-country springs are installed. Bump-stops? Shocks? I remember reading something about drivetrain vibes with up-country springs on '97+. Any truth to that?

The Up Country XJs have taller rear bump stops, but I din't see any reason why you would "need" to change those if yours are intact. There are a lot of older XJs driving around here in the rust belt with no bump stops. You could also shim yours down with 1" square tube.

The factory Up Country shocks are different than the others, but whether that includes longer or just valving and gas pressurizing I don't know, Rancho/Monroe says that stock shocks are good for up to a 3" lift and neither Monroe nor Gabriel lists a different shock for Up Country XJs, so I don't think you need to change the shocks.

Driveline vibes? Yes, the 96 and newer will have that problem. My wife's 2000 XJ with Up Country has some vibes, and my 2000 XJ 5-speed is undrivable. It's parked until I scrape up the money to buy a driveshaft for the SYE kit I have in the garage. (Oh, I can drive it -- but the vibes are severe enough that I know it's doing harm to the transfer case bearings, so I prefer to drive the old faithful '88 until I get the 2000 fixed right.)

my 2 dooor 97 is a country..it had the bigger springs and etc..but i never had vibs from tailshaft..of course i now run right at 9in of left so the country junk is now useless ground clutter..with that factory country package it did do well though if you planning on going with that...||charles||

Okay I have the build sheet for my 2000 XJ

The Left Rear Spring Code is ZFUP
and
The Right Rear Spring Code is ZUUP

Can anybody tell me what the part number is with a parts manual or what the spec's are on this springs as in free arch and load rating

Thanks

Back