• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Newbie questions

Paul99RT

NAXJA Forum User
Helloooooooooo

I'm looking at a '00 XJ
What should I keep an eye out for?
Other then trail rash, any other way to tell if it's been beat on?

Like I said its a 2000 XJ 50K miles

The Jeep is in very nice condition it has the 4.0 and the 242 TC, power locks, windows, mirrors, cruise, tilt, air.
Old Man Emu lift it has the 2.5” coils with Teraflex spacers and rear HD spring packs. JKS track bar and ft. and rear. Hidden hitch
The interior is MINT no rips, stains etc, it is the standard “gray” color interior,floor mats are clean (They are deep aftermarket ones, stock ones too) and rear cargo mat. The jeep does have an aftermarket stereo system installed, the stock speakers and aftermarket CD Deck …….The trans is the 4 sp auto.

What is a fair price for a rig like this? I see KBB and what stockers go for.

Thanks

Hope to be a member here soon.

Paul

Run it through www.edmunds.com to get an idea of the stock value. Personally, for me I'd pay more for a stock XJ than I would for a modified one, because I'm picky about equipment and workmanship and I don't trust what others have done for modifications.

Example: You described this XJ as having an Old Man Emu lift (is that what the seller says?), then you stated that it has Teraflex spacers. So it isn't a pure OME lift. If the front was boosted another 1-3/4" how was the rear boosted to match? This is a new Cherokee, with the vibration-sensitive transfer case output. With spacers plus 2.5" coils it must be sitting at about 4" of lift or a tad more. It NEEDS a slip yoke eliminator. Does it have one? If not, it must have severe vibrations when driving at highway speeds, and that's going to eat the transfer case bearings and rear driveshaft u-joints.

Thanks for the input.
It also has a one inch transfer case drop.
I reviewed old posts from the seller. And it sounds like he has the knowledge and some experience. I know sounds can be deceiving lol.

There was one particular post referring to the "Death Wobble" he stated he runs smooth at 80 on the highway.
Others agreed with him.
Edmunds puts it close to 10K
KBB a tad higher.

Asking 9K

Back