• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Home-brewed T-case Skid

Los11

NAXJA Forum User
I got the skid-row t-case skid and although its beefy it hangs pretty low, I was just thinking of using 1/4 inch steel that I have laying around cutting a rectangular piece that would fit from frame rail to frame rail big enough to cover the t-case and bolting up with self taps right into the bottom of the frame rail. Or welding on some L-channel to the ends and putting bolts thru that into the sides of the frame rails. This would make it like a belly up skid the steel would fit flush up against my frame rails. I would bolt up the piece of 1/4 inch right after my cross memember every other skid plate still uses the stock cross memember to bolt too. Just wanted to see what you guys thought of that idea..........

I don't see where he is welding to them....

I know my tcase sits lower than the frame rails...so I don't know how well that would work- maybe its a freak though?

Yeah my t-case hangs below the fram rails too, just trying to get some ideas on what I can do with the t-case skid, if anyb ody has pics of there home made set-ups I would appreciate it thanks..

Back