• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cage update..

Matt S.

NAXJA Forum User
All that is left is to paint and pad it. My dash is okied together for the only reason that i dont want to lay down $1500 in gauges right now! I still am open to constructive criticism. I still want to add a rear upper floor to keep stiff down below the window line. Much more will be added after moab. My goal is to tie the entire unibody to the cage. From the front bumper all the way to the back. Including plating the floor.
is.php

is.php

is.php

is.php

is.php

is.php

Hey Scrapp, just what does okied together mean? My dash is still in one peice. If your cage was okied together, it woulda been tigged, smarty pants.

Okie Terry said:
Hey Scrapp, just what does okied together mean? My dash is still in one peice. If your cage was okied together, it woulda been tigged, smarty pants.

Okie as in redneck engineered... booty fab. That sort. My cage would have been tig welded if i had the tig working at that time. We got it runnin just yesterday. My dash is in one piece. Just one ugly piece :dunce:

I thought about doing shoulder harnesess, but I have a rock crawler. Shoulder belts are pointless. I retained the stock seatbelts for legality issues. I do have a lap belt for crawlin though.

Scrappy said:
That sucks.... i suck at the internet. Try again i guess.

matts026.jpg

work???
where does this termination go? to the floor board? jsut wondering for my own knowledge, i want to go part exo-part internal when i make mine, and am wondering about attachment points...

Gauges? Water filled autometers baby :party: I will run a few gauges within eye sight. the rest will be in the center console i have yet to make. I am going for the desert racer look dash.

That seat is not bolted down. So, no i dont sit like THAT. But i am tall and it is all the way back and leaned back so I can fit really comfortably. I know i would want should belts in a roll. But I also run doors. Not those nice doors but hacked ones. So i have to be able to see. I dont feel comforable tied down with a small range of vision.

To tie the cage into the body i used 8" round 3/8" plate. I have those set DIRECTLY above the frame rails and shackle boxs. You can see how i mounted it in the back location. I went with this mainly so I could make tubular rockers off the cage. This gives me a very strong mount. I wouldnt have been able to accomplish it with a manual tranny though. to many pedals, not enough room.

Matt

Back