• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

YJ Springs for Lift in the Rear

TheManch

NAXJA Forum User
I did do a search but couldn't find an answer. I picked up some stock rear YJ srpings in hopes that they might bolt in place of my rear springs for 2-3 inches of lift. I haven't taken any measurements yet and haven't really looked at much of anything yet but i just figured i'd throw this out there. Even if they won't work i think i'll just tear into my pack and see what sort of frankenstien leaf pack creation i can come up with. Thanks for all the help

Mike

IIRC they are too short eye to eye to fit...

They are also a "flatter" spring do to being SUA!Not sure about the spring offset!

Thanks for the help but they definitely have more arch than my springs, and i thought SUA would have more arch?! But maybe it's just the way i am picturing the leaf spring setup. Either way i think if i slice into them i can make something work.

Mike

RCP Phx said:
They are also a "flatter" spring do to being SUA!Not sure about the spring offset!

that dont make any sense....to achieve the same height on a spring under compared to spring over the spring under would need more arch since it has to make up for being under the axle.

i would cut the eyes off the top yj leaf and use that as an AAL under the top leaf of the XJ pack

87CherokeeChief said:
that dont make any sense....to achieve the same height on a spring under compared to spring over the spring under would need more arch since it has to make up for being under the axle.

i would cut the eyes off the top yj leaf and use that as an AAL under the top leaf of the XJ pack

that does make sense actually. XJ's and YJ's are 2 completely different vehicles. The spring mounts are in different locations relative to the axles. YJ stock springs are very flat and by adding them to your leaf pack you'd be lucky to get any more lift out of them other than the thickness of the leaves that were added. Shoot for dakota springs if u want to mix and match a higher spring pack.

Brad

Using them as add-a-leafs will work. Try it out. I had this idea about a month ago and there are a lot of replies on my post. I dont know the link or whatever but it is called "spring over on an xj... well kinda."

87CherokeeChief said:

It's an optical delusion... There may be too much blood in your alcohol stream... actually I think the brackets drop really low in a yj

I still think that they have more arch, but i guess the test will come when i do my home-brew budget boost i still need to figure exactly what to do with the front, i'm think ZJ V-8 coils but i haven't set anything in stone yet. I heard that carquest heavy duty coils give about 2 inches. Anywho, i was thinking of either adding the main leaf to my cherokee pack or bolting the whole yj pack under my mainleaf (without the yj main leaf). Yotaparts what did you do?

Back