• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front axle Brackets

Ron4x4

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Does anyone other than RE Make the Front Axle Brackets? $394. is Just a hell of a lot of money for a few brackets. If not it looks like I will be making them my self. Their truss looks kind of weak. IMO

check out foothilloffroad.com they have some nice control arm brackets along with alot of components for custom axles and suspension. sometimes it easier to just buy the brackets rather then taking the time and effort to make them.

Foothill offroad. 379.97 +tax
Rubicon Express. 394.00+tax

$400 for Brackets is insane, I was hoping not to have to make them my self, but GD, it's hard enough explaining to the wife why I need a new axle in the first place. I can make the whole set in a few hours, I was just hoping to find them for a bout $200 or so.
R

wow i didnt know the prices were that high. For that much i would make my own. If you need some drawings of the lower control arm mounts that have a slight offset exactly like the factory mounts are. i would be more then happy to email them to you.

I am for sure going to make my own, after seeing how expensive they are. infact I might just make a few kits and sell them a lot cheaper than that.
Hopefully I can get my 8 lug outers on Monday and start on the mounting brackets next weekend. between my buddy and I, we have all the steel needed except the tubing for the Upper bushing on the toop of the axle truss. I think my jeep might look a bit funny running around with wide axles at stock height for a while. Here are some pictures of the rear bumper (not finished) and the front and rear axles.
http://just4effect.com/Jeepxjweb/index.htm

Back