• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

still knocking

Rockhound

NAXJA Forum User
ok, a week ago i started feeling an almost rotating vibe coming through the floor. it happened mostly at initial acceleration and when i hit small, sharp bumps. i checked my tranny mount and it looked like it was quite possibly the bad guy so i had rusty ship me a new one and i put it on. well its still there ( the vibe. ) but i just felt it when i started up an hour ago and i felt it again when i turned the truck off. i just checked my engine mounts and my driver side mount does not look too happy. i'm going to try to get my air box out and take a pic with my digital and post that. if in fact that is the culprit, what is involved in changing them out? it appears to be relatively easy and straight forward, but so do most women. Thanks Guys!!
Rockhound

check the exasht make sure it isn't hitting that probly what it is! mine does it also!

stoney

nope, i am beyond certain that it isn't the exhaust.
thanks though
Rockhound

The motor mounts are not difficult to replace, I've done it several times. I believe I used a floor jack with block of wood against the oil pan to take some tension off of the bolts to get them out and support the engine. I wouldn't recommend the poly. style ones, I tried'em once and it felt like my seat was bolted to the engine! I swapped them out for OEM ones the next day!

thanks dave. yah i found an article on cherokee america and it sounded pretty straight forward. i just ordered the bombproof mounts from M.O.R.E. they will go in this weekend. thanks for the feedback.
Rockhound

Back