• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Funds?

Rev Den

NAXJA Forum User
Sean and the MWC BOD.

Do we need to raise some bucks? Might I suggest a raffle at Winterfest? I have something I can donate, and can try to find a few other things.

Just an idea.

Rev

BTW - Fair warning, off-topic posts will be edited, moved, or deleted.

Last edited:
just wondering....what do we need money for? something specific? just for stickers? I'm sure the National BOD will give us sympathy money if we ask for it.

I'm selling cups at the next kegger.

pumpkin ale is a'brewin.

Beezil said:
just wondering....what do we need money for?

Money is good to have for an operating budget in organizing events such as Winterfest, or whatever else we eventually do. It reduces the situations where people put out their own money and then only questionably get reimbursed (sound familiar, Beezil?).

I think having a raffle and a 50/50 at Winterfest is a great idea, pretty much SOP for any organized event. NACFest makes a good model.

CASH IS KING!

No doubt, we all need more money and so does NAXJA ...so Ill loan my talents out in the name of the almighty $$$$.....hummm what can I do....well

I can cook or I can do a strip tease.....I think I should stick to cooking........ Winterfest is a hard event to cook at ...but if we do something in the fall? or spring Id be willing to throw down on the grill and we could charge something....

Chewy

PS: I say charge for the stickers for sure , if they cost $2 each charge $4

ChEwBaCcA said:
CASH IS KING!

No doubt, we all need more money and so does NAXJA ...so Ill loan my talents out in the name of the almighty $$$$.....hummm what can I do....well

I can cook or I can do a strip tease.....I think I should stick to cooking........ Winterfest is a hard event to cook at ...but if we do something in the fall? or spring Id be willing to throw down on the grill and we could charge something....

Chewy

PS: I say charge for the stickers for sure , if they cost $2 each charge $4

As our resident celebrity you could donate a signed copy of a frame of the video.
As far as the cost of the stickers...you never worked retail, did you? If it costs $2, you charge $8.

Rev

I think if we are gonna make money on Winterfest, (at least break even) or any other event, we need to charge an entry fee that would include a sticker and/or dash plaque, T-shirt and one meal. The raffle & 50/50 just sweeten the pot for the chapter treasury. Having some operating funds beforehand makes things easier for those buying the food and souvenirs. This is how NACFest works and the other pay-to-play events as well, AFAIK.

Beezil said:
just wondering....what do we need money for?
How else are we gonna pay for all those pie ingredients. SeanR can't keep picking up the tab for everyone.

Cash, Rules, Everything, Around, Me
C.R.E.A.M.
Get the money
Dollar, dollar bill y'all

cheers,

jj

Beezil said:
just wondering....what do we need money for? something specific? just for stickers? I'm sure the National BOD will give us sympathy money if we ask for it.

pumpkin ale is a'brewin.

National bylaws require that each chapter carry a minimum amount in the treasury.

I have hoods, shotguns and teargas...who has a listing of the local lending institutions? :roll: How much $$ do we really need? At NAC, they raffled off quite a bit of stuff, some of it was donated crap but some of it was kinda ok. They also cut us a deal at Paragon. Do you really think Badlands is going to cut us a great deal? Hell, they charged everyone to clean the damn place, twice. MWC needs to crawl before it walks. Calanders, tee shirts, etc are back burner issues until the NEXT big event. Not this coming Winterfest, the one after. Dash plaque, fine. The ones from NAC weren't incredibly expensive and would be good. Tees...gonna get screwed just like last years stickers. Don't want to be the wet blanket, but taking this slowly is the way to keep a viable chapter.

Beezil said:

pumpkin ale is a'brewin.

Closing on the house in Earlville on 9/30; I'll volunteer the pad for the kegger!

Lawn Cher' said:
Money is good to have for an operating budget in organizing events such as Winterfest, or whatever else we eventually do.
Exactly ... It's always good to have funds on hand so we do not have to rely on personal funds or donations. These funds could also be used to provide door prizes, food & drinks, camping fees, etc. to help offset some of the costs at events.

bgcntry72 said:
Is Scott Mac the entire MWC BOD, or does he just think he is?
The entire MWC BOD is alive and well ... and working together.

Thanks Rev for the raffle idea and for volunteering some of your items for it. I think it's a good idea and, as Scott Mac relied, will probably be discussed by the Winterdest Planning Committee. Not sure how the NAC fared at NACfest on their raffle, but it was a popular part of the event ... and fun too.

Les

Rev Den said:
As our resident celebrity you could donate a signed copy of a frame of the video.
As far as the cost of the stickers...you never worked retail, did you? If it costs $2, you charge $8.

Rev
How bout a pc of moldy carpet for $5 ....signed $10 lol

grasseater said:
The offer stands. Any plans in the works for the next MWC gathering?

Sometime after those of us going to Moab get back? Maybe the 16th or 23rd? The Brewmeister MUST bring the pumpkin ale party1:

lesslimited said:
Sometime after those of us going to Moab get back? Maybe the 16th or 23rd? The Brewmeister MUST bring the pumpkin ale party1:

I NEVER thought I'd need to make TEN gallons of a seasonal brew.

btw, all new brews fermenting wildly, and the new aquarium chiller doo-dads worked better than expected.

48-degrees.

unbelieveable.

Back