• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Teraflex lifts

Fezman

NAXJA Forum User
Looking now at a Teraflex 4" longarm setup. I am still leaning very hard towards RE 3 or 3.5 and using my existing Tera long shackles and coil spacers though. I did a thread search for Teraflex and got a lot of random returns, not really what I was looking for. Anyone running this setup, or a different Teraflex kit? Whaddya think about it? Thanks in advance for you input.

There is a 4x4 shop here in the St. Louis area that I have been going to for years. The owner does some really great work, and he is one of the only mechanics I actually trust. Every time I am in there, he tries to get me to buy this setup. One of his other customers has it, and he loves it. I can't justify spending that kind of ching on an 89, but it looks sweet. He said the ride on the road is very nice, and it flexes very well on the trail. If I am not mistaken, you need to cut off the LCA mounts, and weld new ones on further back. So, this is not a kit you should do by yourself, unless you are very confident in your welding. I don't weld, so I would have to have someone install this kit for me, and that is some serious cash. You are right, though, it is hard to find someone running that kit. If you do it, post some pics.

I have their old short arm 4 in kit on my '90. It flexes good but I do have adjustable upper and lower arms. I don't care much for the sway bar disconnects as they have really worn out but you can expect a fair ammount of wear after how long they've been on. The arms are still in good shape and I still have the shackles on and working fine in the back. My jeep is pretty loud and rattles a lot but I'd imaging youd be getting less road noise inside with the teraflex arms because you have bushings on both ends of the lower control arms than with flex joints at the end, but I've never had flex joint on my rig to say for sure.
If I remember correctly though the new long arm is just bolted on but only the lower arms are longer so as your suspension cycles it does change your castor but I don't know that its very much or if it will hurt you any.

Back