• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

weird clunk after lift install

kmagnuss_2000

NAXJA Forum User
So I put in some RE 3.5" coils on top of my 2" spacers last weekend. I also put in LCA's at 16 3/4". Well, I found out that I need UCA's and a adj. track bar. Anyway...while I'm driving and I hit one of the speed bumps in my apt. complex...if I hit it with just the right tires, it seems like the axle shifts and makes a big clunk sound, like there's some loose crap down there. But, if I hit the bumps with just the left tires, everything is smooth. Eh? I checked everything I put on and all is tight. BUT, I can sort of rotate the track bar, tie rod, and steering bar (whatever it's called) about 1/8th of a turn with just my hand. Is this normal? Any ideas?

Thanks.

-Keith

ps- Just how tight am I supposed to make the control arms, shackles,track bar, and leaf springs?

if your running the stock trackbar without a new mount or relocation brackt, i woudl expect a bump steer and noise situation. As the axle comes up it moves over causing the steering to move over, making the wheels turn. The trackbar mounts on the passenger (right) side.

a new trackbar is imparative at 5.5" IIRC you cant go above 3" without some kind of new tackbar or relocation device.

http://www.rocky-road.com/ <-- this is the one im running....

kmagnuss_2000 said:
So I put in some RE 3.5" coils on top of my 2" spacers last weekend. I also put in LCA's at 16 3/4". Well, I found out that I need UCA's and a adj. track bar. Anyway...while I'm driving and I hit one of the speed bumps in my apt. complex...if I hit it with just the right tires, it seems like the axle shifts and makes a big clunk sound, like there's some loose crap down there. But, if I hit the bumps with just the left tires, everything is smooth. Eh? I checked everything I put on and all is tight. BUT, I can sort of rotate the track bar, tie rod, and steering bar (whatever it's called) about 1/8th of a turn with just my hand. Is this normal? Any ideas?

Thanks.

-Keith

ps- Just how tight am I supposed to make the control arms, shackles,track bar, and leaf springs?

I had the same problem on mine it was the coil hitting the stock trackbar mount of the driver side.

Back