• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Funny rattle...

Scott Williams

NAXJA Forum User
I have a strange sounding rattle in the drivers side front end that I can't figure out. It only rattles when I hit a moderate to large bump. It sounds like someone jingling change in their pocket kinda... any ideas?

3" Rusty's Springs with .75" spacer up front. Rusty's shocks, Kevin's Trackbar Conversion. I've checked all bolts, and looked for anything that could be loose, brake lines, center cap, wheel weights, etc.
Could it be the bushings on a suspension part or the wheel bearings?
Thanks.

Is your bumpstop loose?

ive heard it on my friends 91, and on my dad's 90 Exploder, exact same sound. Though now that i tihnk about it, the onyl time i heard it on my friends 91 was when we had jumped it and bent an axle, broken both motor mounts, and bent a rim at Pizmo Beach... Could have cleared a person standing up...

not to proud of that... (no we didnt actualy have someone stand there... were crazy enough to jump a stock 4 door, not to kill someone...)

:conceited

mmmmm i love pismo beach....

check the dust shield on the front axle by the u-joint...mine made a similar noise when it was loose.

-j

My bumpstop came loose, made the exact same sound. I also get weird rattles from my radio antenna....been whacked a bunch of times, very loose, sounds similar.

Apply some light brake pressure to see if it goes away. It could be loose brakepads.

Yeah you know this may sound strange... but um i had that happen and went crazy trying to figure out wha it was, and i was running stock at the time... turns out it was change in the glove compartment... :twak:

Scott Williams said:
I have a strange sounding rattle in the drivers side front end that I can't figure out. It only rattles when I hit a moderate to large bump. It sounds like someone jingling change in their pocket kinda... any ideas?

3" Rusty's Springs with .75" spacer up front. Rusty's shocks, Kevin's Trackbar Conversion. I've checked all bolts, and looked for anything that could be loose, brake lines, center cap, wheel weights, etc.
Could it be the bushings on a suspension part or the wheel bearings?
Thanks.

I think I have the same problem with the noise....no change in the glove though :) ....uh did you ever find what the problem was? it's freakn driveing me crazy!

Back