• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Aftermarket horn

xj4life

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone ever put an aftemarket air horn on their XJ? I'm thinking of getting something thats loud. Any suggestions or ideas?

Just go down to Kragen, get some of their air horns (30 bucks) run a toggle and you can be heard from a good distance. And if you are married, your wife will hate it when you wake up the neighborhood announcing your arrival back home after a day of wheeling! You can even really go for it and run a PA system off of a CB and verbally confirm your return after announcement with the air horn.

I've got dual air horns from a truck parts store (cheap!) hooked into my York with an electric solenoid wired into the original steering wheel horn switch. It works great, and scares the hell out of pedestrians...

when i bought my jeep both horns were gone, i dont know what happend.
I just went down to autozone and bought some horns that said they were 3 time louder then stock. I had to modify the brackets a tad but it works great and they are pretty loud.

Train whistle. Only way to go.

I picked up a three trumpet air horn set at Pep Boys for about $35 and the only time I could find a place to mount them (easily) was when I took the factory air-box out to do the "Rusty's-style" K&N air tube. They fit nicely on the front of the driver's side wheel well since the air-box is gone.

I used a relay that is triggered by the factory horns and now when I blow the horn all FIVE sound off!!! :listenmus

icon10.gif

xj4life said:
Has anyone ever put an aftemarket air horn on their XJ? I'm thinking of getting something thats loud. Any suggestions or ideas?

Back