• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

question reguarding C4x4 rear bumper

FitchVA

NAXJA Forum User
i've got a question about the c4x4 rear bumper. i was wondering if anyone knew the differences between the pre '97 and post '97 bumpers. i'm thinking about getting some guards to go where the plastic end caps are and really wouldn't need the ones that come w/ the bumper. and where the -'96s are cheaper, i was wondering if the only difference was the size of the ends to allow the hatch to open? and would anyone have any pics of a -'96 bumper on a '97+ xj. thanks in advance.

I have a pre96 on a 98. PM me your email addy and i'll take some pics today and email them to you.
you have to trim the end caps so your hatch can close, and i had to drill out the mounting holes to lower the bumper, also so the hatch could close.
let me know what you'd like pics of exactly, and i'll break out the digital.

sweet. i'd really mainly like to see how the lines match up with the xj. kinda like on the sides. if you could snap a few pics and send them to FitchVA(at)gmail.com i'd be much ablidged. thanks

jeo said:
I have a pre96 on a 98. PM me your email addy and i'll take some pics today and email them to you.
you have to trim the end caps so your hatch can close, and i had to drill out the mounting holes to lower the bumper, also so the hatch could close.
let me know what you'd like pics of exactly, and i'll break out the digital.

i have a pre 96 bumper on my 2000. i bent my tailgate corners instead of trimming my bumper. probably should have done it the other way but it doesn't look too bad. i didn't have to do anything to the mounting holes. it fit perfect except for the slight problem with the hatch mentioned above. the sides match perfect and look much better than the 97+ bumper sides.

242380_186_full.jpg

242380_287_full.jpg

242380_70_full.jpg

242380_348_full.jpg

242380_191_full.jpg

i have rear quarter pannel guards now but don't have any pics. let me know if there are any other pics you want. i'll try and dig some up.

matthew

Sarvemr.... first off nice rig.

Why not run the C4x4 tire carrier off the bumper and get your spare off the roof?

btray

I have their bumper and tire carrier, and double tube rock rails and I would highly recommend the bumper and rock rails, however the spare tire carrier needs some work. Mine got tweaked on the trail, and I have personally seen two others bent as well. Also the latch can be a pain, and it could use a stop to keep the tire from hitting the body.

awesome. thanks for the pics. i might have to give them a call today. i see where you can pay $25 extra and get the pre 97's modded to fit. i guess that would solve any fitment issues. but i'll check w/ them to make sure. thanks again!

Anozireth said:
I have their bumper and tire carrier, and double tube rock rails and I would highly recommend the bumper and rock rails, however the spare tire carrier needs some work. Mine got tweaked on the trail, and I have personally seen two others bent as well. Also the latch can be a pain, and it could use a stop to keep the tire from hitting the body.

Thanks Anozireth, I'm thinking more and more about building a storage unit in the back with a spare tire mount on top. I anticipate dragging it and eventually tweeking it.

Thanks...

btray

Back