• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What Clutch Would You Buy?

MrShoeBoy

NAXJA Forum User
Depending on the damage, I may or may not need a new pressure plate/clutch since the throwout bearing has started making noise and the clutch wont disengauge. I have a stock replacement clutch in there now with around 40k miles on it and it feels like its holding fine with no problems.

If I do need a new clutch what should I get? I have significant work done to the motor and I have a "spirited":D driving style on road. Off road, I do a lot of crawling in rocks and mud as Tellaco is the best/closest place to wheel for me. Would a stock unit be fine or would a center force dual stage be in order?

Thanks,

AARON

Everyone I've talked to recommends LUK clutches. I have a LUK pro-gold series in mine, more expensive than their standard unit, but beefier. It does require a stronger left leg though, as it is more stiff than the stock unit. I got mine from www.carolinaclutch.com. Word on the street is that LUK is the OEM manufacturer, but that's up for debate....

I just got a LUK clutch also. It's just the standard one, but it's much better than the stock one. You can still ride it like a stock clutch, but it grabs a ton better, and it was roughtly the same price as a stock unit.

Thanks guys, I will have to look into LUK.

Has anybody installed a lightened flywheel? Ya, everybody tells me the Jeep isnt a race car, but I dont listen:D

AARON

Back