• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Non cruise control

asatxj

NAXJA Forum User
I just got a replacement stalk and plugged it in to see if it would work, it does but when I hit the button for the cruise it doesn't hold it accelerates! Some insight here would be nice.
tia

I have the same problem with '87. Accelerates fine with the switch but won't hold the speed at all. Someone else posted recently with the prob also. A search might dig it up. Personally I found a large hole in the bumper vaccum canister and a few leaks in the line. Fixed the hole and the lines and still does the same thing. I think that for me anyway its an electrical problem with a connection/switch? I'd reccomend going over all the vaccum lines also.

I'm thinking electrical also as my vac. can works very well. may need one elbow fitting but that's it. Thanks, I'm on it as soon as little league football is done.
asat

Back