• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

anyone run 7" wide wheels?

lankchevy

NAXJA Forum User
just wondering if anyone is running 7 inch wide wheels with larger/wider than stock tires, ive got my 33 x 12.50s on 15 x 7s with 3.75 backspacing on my cherokee. im only running 20 psi in order to get the tires to wear evenly across them. off road its nice cause half the time i dont even air down any more. im worried about on road tho because ive heard that if u dont run enuf air in tires then it heats up the sidewall realy bad and breaks down the rubber. whats a safe psi to run on the road? anyone have a problem like this with 8" wheels or wider tires?

kolby

`: anyo>` run 7" wide wheels?

I have run 33s on 8s I would on 7s as '`ll, yo get mo"` shdew@bl prot`tion hpinf itpucjed H`. I run 25 psi on my 95 and also on my 78 CJ5 with 33s and have h`d n prnble p. this`s unlobed mind yot. I im tow(`g nr?? @ will air up accordingly.

I'm running 32x11.5 on 15x10 rims. When I'm on the roads, I run at about 25psi. Haven't had any odd wear patterns to speak of. Handling has been a non-issue as well.

I run 15x7 with my 32x11.50, but I think your questions really pertain more to 'proper pressure to run' instead of width, right? Yes, running the tire underinflated will damage it; I think Ford finally figured that out with their amazing rolling Explorer fiasco of a few years ago. 7" rims with a 12.50" tire are getting pretty narrow for that size rubber; you have to keep the pressure up to keep the tire on the bead but that proper pressure is going to depend a lot on the weight of your rig and the stiffness of the sidewalls. Run a chalk mark across your tread and drive straight down a short, flat section of road or parking lot. The inflation is proper when the chalk mark evenly wears off.

i run on a 7" wheel with 35x12.50 and it is great for off road i do not pop beads verry easy and i run my tires @ about 5-7 lbs. but i would not recomend that skinny of a wheel if you care about tire wear.

im still thinking about getting some diff wheels but when i found these aluminums with the right backspacing for $20 for the set i couldnt resist.

kolby

Back