• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

jeep sagging in front

wascobi

NAXJA Forum User
a while back my '90 xj 2 door developed a sag/droop in the right front. I thought one of my pro comp 3" coils gave it up. it was 7/8-1" lower. It bugged me enough that I bought a set of tomken 3" coils to replace the pro comps with. installed them today and after driving around a while to seat them in, I measured the front and it sat an inch higher but it was still 7/8 to 1" lower on the pass. front!!! spring pads look alright and the upper coil mount is fine where to look next???

Check your rear springs!

kmagnuss_2000 said:
mine is doing the same thing! I think RCP is correct in saying to check out the rear springs. Would it be werid to put in a 1" block on one rear and not the other?
It might not be weird, but it will contribute to axlewrap and early spring fatigue on the blocked side. Better to adjust the height by swapping in extra leaves, or removing leaves from the other side. Better yet is to get a stock rubber coil spacer and put it on the front on the side that is sagging. The stock spacers are .75".
Buck :canada:

Back