• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Backspacing for 32x11.5's?

Damon Dimick

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone have any pics/experiences running 32x11.5's on 15x7 wheels with the corresponding backspacing of 4.75" or 4.5"? Which backspacing do you recommend? Any rubbing issues? I'm running Rusty's 4.5" and will trim the front fenders a little. Thanks.

Well I was running 32x10.5's on 15x7w/5" backspace and no rubbing(a little on the control arms/spring tower) and 5.5" of lift.I just bought 33x10.5's and 15x7 w/4.5"backspace and now I'm hitting the fenders flares.

get the tech1 rockcrawlers from 4wd parts with 4.5 backspacing. I ran this with 32's and its perfect.

here is a guys with the same backspacing I think he is running 32's
www.ericsxj.com

I am running 32" with 15x7, 4.5" backspacing.

You can see several pictures at:

http://www.m1911.org/offroad-argyroupoli.htm

I had some rubbing at the front of the front fenders and flares, solved that by trimming. I still rub a little on the LCAs, but it is not serious.

Rgds

By the way I would get an 8 inch rim.

Greg Nauman said:

I would too, if I could find one in Greece!

Rgds

Greg Nauman said:

Not to start a size debate, but a 7" rim just is fine. I've run 32" KO's for 3 years now on 15x7 5 spoke Sport wheels and have had zero problems. With the proper air pressure, the tires will wear evenly across the tread. In addition, the narrower rim actually helps keep the bead seated when aired down offroad, and it allows the sidewall to protect your shiny wheels from rock rash too;)
I run 1.25" billet wheel adapters for a total BS of 4", which works just fine with my 6" lift.
If I would do anything differently.......it would be to run a 285/75/16 for a 33x11.50 size eqivelent.......which will go on when my 32's are worn out.

XJEEPER

Back