• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need help with comp and airbags

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
OK, it all started today (worked fine through yesterday).
I got the aribag light on and wanting to figure out what the problem is I hooked up my code reader to see if there are any codes (even though there was no check engine light) and nothing: I get an indication that tells me that there is no connection to read anything.
I haven't swapped any harnesses recently but I haven't driven much on those either. I did pull all of the big connectors (C) and checked pins and reseated all of them and still nothing. I tried a different comp thinking it might be a comp issue and still nothing. Any ideas as to what's wrong?

Don't know if this applies to your year....but on my 99 there was a recall on something within the airbag system...might want to check with the dealer and see if this applies...it had something to do with the control module sending a false signal and in some cases causing the airbags to fire...

Matt

My 99 was under the recall. What they did was reposition the air bag module from under the driver's seat to under the center console. The modules were shorting out from slush on the floor during nasty winter weather.

mdwatkins said:
Don't know if this applies to your year....but on my 99 there was a recall on something within the airbag system...might want to check with the dealer and see if this applies...it had something to do with the control module sending a false signal and in some cases causing the airbags to fire...

Matt
Yeah it was the relocation and mine is relocated. The issue is most likely wiring/harness/connector related cause the code reader can't talk to the pcm either, but the gauges work (for now?)

Here's a twist: I rechecked all the connectors and all the wiring and still can't find a problem, but I just found out that my dash doesn't illuminate :confused:. ALl my gauges seem to work but htere is no light to the dash WTF? Bad ground? if so where is the ground that controls the dash illumination? I'm willing to live for now iwht no scan connection and no aribags but definately not without the dash lights.

$#@%#@$ fuses. I just checked them again and I got the comp link to work!!! I previously checked all the fuses inside the jeep but totally forgot the box of them under the hood. ANyways it was a 20 amp one that restored my DRB. Now I wonder if that one is related to the airbags somehow (can't test it till I get home frem work cause I pulled the airbag plugs to be on the safeside since I had the airbag light on and no clue what caused them).

Back