• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tires, What brand to buy?

ve6nn

NAXJA Forum User
I know, its been said before but help me anyways. Need new tires, can buy the following tires for exactly the same price. which one should I choose. I live in Canada and will be driving my jeep to Arizona and back each year. Lots of miles there. I enjoy off roading in the desert and do a lot of it in the winters in Yuma. Nothing extreme but will have 32" rubber, 4 1/2" lift and ARB front and rear with 4.56 gears so it needs good rubber. tires available are:

Goodyear MT/R
Good year Wrangler AT/s
BF Goodrich TA/km
BF Goodrich TA/ko
Bridgestone Dular AT
Bridgestone Dualer MT
Michlen LTX AT

what suits my needs best?

Disregard this post. I just looked at a poll and have decided on Goodyear MT/R's

Changed my mind again. Ended up with BF Goodrich AT KO's 32X11.50R15 on 15" Rock Krawler 8" rims with 4.5 inch back space. Thanks to all who offered advice. I did listen

With 4.5" backspacing you will have the tires rubbing the coil mounts, and possibly the lcas.
I have over 5" lift, and run 33x10.5x15s on 4.5 bs Krawlers, and I rub the coil tower with 3" of extra bumpstops.
Just to let you know that I do listen.
HTH.

Back