• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone running a Rancho 3"???

rugbyxj

NAXJA Forum User
Hey there guys, i have an 88 xj and i was curious about the quality of Rancho and its suspensions. I already know that their shocks are pretty good. I was also on putting in some 1.5-2 inch spacers and shackles and stuff some 33s underneath and regear and all of that. I was just wondering how this kit rides and so on and so forth. Thanks ahead of time.

I run RS9000X's and an RE 4.5" lift on my XJ and like them a lot. I've had rancho suspension on every 4x4 for 20 years and really like their products. I would have put a Rancho lift on my XJ had they made one at 4.5". Unfortunately, I only had a rancho lift on my YJ and can't attest for the 3" XJ lift. I liked the YJ lift a lot.

I have the rancho 3" lift on now and dont like it mainly because the control arms suck. The bushings went to sh!t on the first trail. I had to notch the shock mount area to get some travel. I have new control arms on the way.

Back