• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Power steering pump upgrades?

Bronco

NAXJA Forum User

My Pump is shot. Should I just get a new one, or dose anyone know of a better setup?

If I stick with stock is there any reason to get a MOPAR pump or are the NAPA ones just as good.

Nobody has ever done anything cool with power steering?

Dealer or NAPA?

Whatever you get put on a power steering cooler. It should make the pump(and box) last longer.

A power steering cooler makes a big difference. I like my AGR pump, does improve the steering ability. Tommy Lee also will beef up your pump, as well as your steering box.

Could be just my luck, but I had a sucky experience with the reman NAPA ones. It took me 3 PS pumps to finally get a good one.

On the first one, the steering was near impossible at a standing stop. You had to roll just a little to get it to work. Made parallel parking a bitch.

The second one leaked from the back of the pump...big time.

The third one seems to be ok... for now.

At the end of it all, I was able to swap one out in less than 20 minutes, after so much practice.

Ivan

Thanks, So AGR is a brand of pump? Where do you guys mount the Cooler? Did you use a Tranny cooler or dose someone make one for the PS.

So Ivan Can I come swap mine at your place? ;)

I used a tranny cooler from a ZJ and mounted it on the driver's side in front of the AC condenser.

Bronco said:
Thanks, So AGR is a brand of pump? Where do you guys mount the Cooler? Did you use a Tranny cooler or dose someone make one for the PS.

So Ivan Can I come swap mine at your place? ;)

Sure.. why not. :jester:

That avatar pic looks familiar :eyes:

Back