• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

REAL James Bond XJ?!

superscythe

NAXJA Forum User
I have been getting Four Wheeler and 4 Wheel and Off Road magazines since the mid 80's. In the late 80's I found an article about a special package Jeep Cherokee that was produced for government officials and bank executives. I have searched the internet but have never found it. The Jeep in the article was a black, 2 door. It had bulletproof windows, smokescreen, lie detector, ball bearing extractor, etc., etc. Does anyone have any knowledge of this? I made copies of that article for a friend, but he cannot find it either.

Thanks.

I think they keep them next to the "black helecopters" :shhh:

Everything was going fine until you mentioned a "smokescreen", "ball bearing extractor" etc... Did the headlights flip for the machine guns or rocket launcher?
And I thought the "Laura Croft Tomb Raider" TJ was cool.

Not even on Monster Garage!

Seriously... I don't think so.

I know, I know, guys! Even though you think its a joke, it was actually in a magazine. This specialty package was not available to the public. I guess I am going to have to look through my back issues again and post it on the site. The Jeep looked very normal, but totally blacked out. I'll start searching so you guys don't think I'm crazy.

Lunatic 728 thank you for finding that. I remember from the late 80's article that Lasco Group was in fact the company that produced that Jeep Cherokee. The search is over. It is amazing what you can buy these days....if you can afford it.

I'm partial to that south african company that makes that propane 'anti-carjacking' addon..... even though it probably plays havoc with your rockerpanels paint job.... :flame:

Ok, Ok. I have to eat my words. It's amazing what you can do with money.
Did you see the modified Bentley? That's Brinks with class!

They seem to have discontinued the ball bearing extractractor (whatever that is).

I don't think the sale of these is restricted to just "special" people like government employees and bank executives though. I imagine they'll sell to anyone with a sufficient level of paranoia and deep enough pockets.

Regular paranoids like ouselves (without the deep pockets) will have to stick with traditional forms of protection. Saw a thread here a while back that featured a nice pistol grip Mossburg pump, and as of last week the otions in that sphere have expanded back to normal levels thanks to Congress (surprisingly) doing the right thing for a change.

Back