• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

weird lift question?

kmagnuss_2000

NAXJA Forum User
Hey...I currently have 2" lift in the front (spacers) and about 4" lift in back (s10 springs) on my 99 sport. I have some nice new RE 3.5" coils and adj. LCA's in a nice new box sitting next to me. I have a 1" TC drop (don't make fun) right now with no vibes. My question is this: When I add these springs to even out the front, will that make my driveshaft angle all messed up and give me vibes? Also, I can't decide if I want to ditch the spacers (for now) and just add the coils, or add the coils onto the spacers. Hmmmm...what should I do?

-Keith

I don't want to have to buy a SYE for at least a few months...maybe Christmas.

i ran 4.5" lift with a TC drop for year before I mesed with TC on a '01. I had minor vibes 5o mph, i justed wanted to elimnate the damn slip-yoke on the TC. Really it depends on the rig.

Rebeldawg said:
i ran 4.5" lift with a TC drop for year before I mesed with TC on a '01. I had minor vibes 5o mph, i justed wanted to elimnate the damn slip-yoke on the TC. Really it depends on the rig.

It really depends on the jeep. I have a 4.5 RE lift w/1" spacers in front and 1" TC lowering and never had a vibe at any speed. Others have had less lift with vibes. Try it out, if it vibes, get the SYE, if not, spend the money on something else for your rig.

kmagnuss_2000 said:
i guess my question is: will lifting the front of the jeep an extra 2" affect the rear driveline?
No. It will however, change the front geometry. But with the adj. lca's you can adjust the castor to be within specs.

Back